Proper identification must be presented when borrowing books. Preferred types of identification vary depending on the type of affiliation, but any picture ID is acceptable:
- Northwest University Alumni: NU student ID card.
- Pastors, Missionaries, Community Borrowers: Library card, issued at the time of opening your library account.
- NAPCU, AGTS: ID card issued by your home institution.
Length and Cost of Membership
- Community Borrowers: account valid for one (1) year, cost – $40/year.
- NAPCU, AGTS: account valid for one (1) term (semester, trimester, or quarter) and renewable until no longer attending the institution with a valid current student ID, free of charge.
- Pastors, Missionaries: account valid for two (2) years and renewable until church or missions board affiliation ceases, free of charge.
- Northwest University Alumni: account valid for two (2) years with unlimited renewals, free of charge.
Fines and Fees
- A late fee of $0.10 per day per item will be assessed for any overdue Standard Circulation items. Our full fines and fees policy may be viewed at https://library.northwestu.edu/borrowing-policy/#fines.
- Items will be declared lost at thirty (30) days overdue, at which time you will receive an invoice for the fine. You will be charged for the lost item in addition to the late fees already accrued.
- All notices regarding overdue items or fines must be responded to promptly. Failure to do so will result in the loss of borrowing privileges. You are responsible for all due dates, whether you receive notices or not.
- All fines and fees can be paid in the library (in cash or check only), or a check may be sent to Northwest University Library, PO Box 579, Kirkland, WA 98083-0579. Please make checks out to “Northwest University.”
Using Library Resources
- Affiliate Borrowers may borrow a maximum of ten (10) items at a time.
- You may renew your items a maximum of four (4) times as long as no one else has requested them. To do so, talk with a staff member at the library front desk, on the phone, or via email.
- Affiliate Borrowers may have on-site access to our computers. To be logged on to a computer, please see a staff member at the library front desk.
- Ebooks are not available for Affiliate Borrowers. Other databases and online resources are for in-library use only; remote access is not available.
- Affiliate Borrowers may not use the computers in the Computer Lab (H-214).
- Affiliate Borrowers may not reserve study rooms. However, you may use study rooms when they are not reserved or in use by NU community members.
- If you wish to borrow materials that we do not have, please use your local public library’s Interlibrary Loan (ILL) program. NAPCU, and AGTS students should use their home institution’s ILL program.
- The NU Library reserves the right to limit, suspend, or revoke the borrowing privileges and library services of any patron who abuses or misuses library privileges.
- Printing and copying services are available in the library. For costs, please see a library staff member.
- You are responsible for updating your contact information with the library. Please notify us immediately of any change of address, phone number, or email.
- Our library hours vary throughout the year. Please check our website to confirm current hours of operation: https://library.northwestu.edu/hours/.
- For your convenience, there is a library book drop located outside the front doors of the library.
- Please call (425-889-5266) or email (email@example.com) us if you have any questions or need any further information.
We look forward to being of service to you!