Media Equipment Policy
- Locate the Media Equipment binder in the bottom drawer of the Front Desk. If the student is uncertain what they are looking for they may use the binder to browse available equipment.
- Check out the item using the barcode in the binder. A student ID is required to check out equipment. Verify that the due date reflects a 3-day checkout period.
- Get the equipment from the shelves across from the storage closet in the staff area.
- Verify that all pieces are present and accounted for using the binder inventory.
- Inform the student of the following:
- All pieces must be returned at the same time.
- Lost items will be charged to their student account at actual replacement cost.
- Overdue fines are $2 per day.
- Return items to the front desk, not the book drop.
- Holds may be placed on media equipment, but students must request the hold through a library staff person.
- Holds can only be placed at the item level (rather than the “title” level). This is mostly applicable to the Canon Rebels — the hold must be placed on a specific camera. Look at the due dates for the cameras and place the hold on the one with the closest due date.
- Holds expire after 3 days.
- Holds should not be advertised; however, if a student asks about the possibility, feel free to let them know.
- Media equipment may be renewed, either by the student or by library staff, following standard borrowing policy for 3-day Reserves.
- Renewals are not allowed on items with pending holds.
- Renewals should not be advertised; however, if a student asks about the possibility, feel free to let them know.
- Inform the student that we will inventory items to make sure everything is returned.
- Ask if anything needs to be replaced (Mini DV tapes, SD Cards, damaged items, etc.).
- Inventory items using the Media Equipment binder while the student is still present.
- Communicate with Clayton and Dorothy if items are missing or damaged.