- A current NU ID card is required to check out media equipment.
- Only current NU students, faculty and staff may borrow equipment.
- Equipment must be returned to the front desk. Do not place equipment returns in the book drop.
- No reservations are accepted.
- Equipment with multiple parts must have all parts returned at the same time. Items will be inspected for completeness on return. Incomplete items will not be accepted for return.
- Students sign a Media Equipment Replacement Agreement at the time of pickup.
Fines and Fees
- Media equipment circulates for 3 days.
- Overdue charges are $2 per hour.
- Damaged or non-returned equipment will be billed at the current replacement cost in addition to overdue fees.
Items are the property of the Arts and Sciences department. If you have questions about how to use a piece of equipment, please contact Peg Achterman.
- Canon Mini DV Video Camera
- Canon G12 Camera
- Panasonic DVX100B Camera
- JVC Pro HD Camera
- Go Pro Camera
- Flip Camera
- Audio Recorder
- Light Kit
- Rode Smartphone Mic
- Audio-Technica Wireless Mic
1. Check out the item to the student using the binder bar code.
Students can browse equipment using the binder.
The equipment is located in the back room storage closet.
2. Make sure the due date reflects a 3-day checkout period.
Flexibility with due date should be used with discretion.
3. Inform the student they are checking out everything included and not just a single piece.
Any lost items will be charged at cost to their student account and overdue charges are $2 per hour. These are things the students needs and wants to know!
A copy of the inventory is included with the Panasonic DVX, Canon Mini DV, Go Pro Camera Kit, Lowel Light Kit, and the Audio-Technica Wireless Mic.
1. Inform the student that we will inventory items to make sure everything is returned.
2. Ask if anything needs to be replaced (Mini DV tapes, SD Cards, damaged items and everything in between).
3. Inventory items with binder.
4. Communicate with Clayton and Dorothy if items are missing or damaged.