There are four door alarms in the library:
- West stairwell
- West door of the H-214 study space
- Two in the North stairwell. One of which must be accessed from the basement side of the door.
- Open the key cabinet using the key from either the top drawer of Dorothy’s file cabinet or from the bottom drawer of Adam’s desk.
- The alarm key is located on the right side in the #9 slot of the key cabinet.
- To arm the door, turn the key full counter-clockwise. A red light should come on for about 10 seconds to indicate that the door is armed.
- To disarm or turn off the alarm, turn the key fully clockwise.
The alarms will beep intermittently like a smoke alarm when the battery needs to be replaced. Contact maintenance to have the battery replaced.