Articles Search finds magazines, journals, and newspapers in ESL/ELL and other subjects
- Merriam-Webster’s Dictionary of English Usage – Explains the correct use of words that pose special problems of confused or disputed language.
- Webster’s New World English Grammar Handbook – Covers all the basics of standard English usage in a concise, step-by-step format.
- A Writer’s Reference – (8th edition) Handbook covering academic writing, research, and grammar.
- Extra Help for ESL Writers : Supplement to Accompany Diana Hacker’s A Writer’s Reference – Helps ESL students to understand college expectations and develop strategies for improving their academic English and academic writing.
- Fundamentals of English Grammar – (4th edition) Expands coverage to include a wider scope of English structure usage, with new units on: pronoun usage; connecting ideas; sentence punctuation; and comparisons.
- The Blue Book of Grammar and Punctuation : An Easy-to-Use Guide with Clear Rules, Real-World Examples, and Reproducible Quizzes – Presents an introduction to English grammar and punctuation, covering such topics as subject and verb agreement, the correct use of prepositions, homonyms, hyphens, and quotation marks, and the rules of capitalization.
Find titles in our Popular Reading Collection; Children’s and Young Adult; Fiction.
Free writing help from trained peer tutors enrolled at the Kirkland campus. Located on the main floor of the Hurst Library building.
- Merriam-Webster Dictionary & Thesaurus – Includes audio pronunciation guide, quizzes and games, and Word of the Day feature.
- Merriam-Webster Learner’s Dictionary – Designed especially for learners and teachers of English.
- Merriam-Webster Visual Dictionary – Match a word to its image — a resource to use when you know what something looks like but not what it’s called, or when you know the word but can’t picture the object.
- Google Translate – Translate text, websites, and documents to and from English.