- Syllabus Archive - All available syllabi from classes taught at NU from 1984-present.
- NU Archives - The NU Archives held by the library are not yet searchable online. Please contact the library.
- Archives at other libraries and museums can be searched using ArchiveGrid and OAIster.
Article and Research Databases
Search in a particular database, such as ATLA, PsycINFO, and Academic Search Premier.
Audio and Video
- Classical Streaming
- Jazz Streaming
- Use the search box on the library homepage to locate Scores, CD Audio, and DVD Video. Click the arrow next to the search box and then the "Audio/Video" tab and select your search type.
- CAMIO searches images from a number of art museums.
Bibliography and Citation
- EasyBib - EasyBib is an automatic bibliography composer. When you have sources you need to cite properly for your research paper, EasyBib will help you format your sources quickly and accurately.
- APA, MLA, and Turabian Style Guides.
- Learn how to create a bibliography using the bibliography tools available from the library.
Books and eBooks
Find books and eBooks using the search box on the library homepage. Click the arrow next to the search box and then the "Books" tab and select your search type.
Dissertations and Theses
Dissertations & Theses from ProQuest is a comprehensive collection of scholarly research in the Humanities and Social Sciences, which covers more than 1 million dissertations and theses.
Journals, Magazines or Newspapers by Title
The Journal Title Search allows you to search for the title of a journal, magazine or newspaper you would like to browse, e.g. "New York Times."
- Search online encyclopedias and other reference sources at NU using the search box on the library homepage. Click on the arrow next to the search box and then the "Reference" tab and select NU Reference.
- Oxford English Dictionary is a specialist dictionary for learning about word origins
- Encyclopedia Britannica
- Webster's Dictionary and Thesaurus
- Oxford Biblical Studies Online
- Additional Bible commentaries, dictionaries, handbooks and encyclopedias can be found in the Reference Collection on the main floor and in the General Collection on the top floor. You can find these materials using the search box on the library homepage.
Reserve items are set aside for the use of a class and cannot usually be checked out. They are located on the shelf to the right of the front desk.
Subject guides contain recommended resources for a particular subject, such as Psychology or Religion.
Learn about various parts of the research process and individual library resources.