If a student needs help on a Windows computer opening a file created on a Mac using the Pages program, there are a few ways to help.
The best option if they have their Mac with them, or have time to get it, is to save the Pages document as a Word file, which will open easily in the Windows version of Word.
- Open the document in Pages on the Mac
- Click File
- Scroll down to Export…
- Click OK
- Click Word format
- Then next
If they don’t have access to their Mac or can’t have someone re-send the document as a Word file, follow the steps below:
- Save the Pages file locally on the Windows computer
- Right click on the file and select rename
- Remove the .pages extension and enter .zip as the extension and press enter
- Open the .zip file and find either the fold labeled Quicklook or Thumbnail
- There should be a PDF or JPG in one of the folders which will allow the file to be opened
The above tips were gleaned from this thread – take a look if you need more help as there may be other variables and solutions depending on Pages versions and user behavior: