[raw][contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"][/raw]
What can be placed on reserve?
- Library owned books
- Personal copies of books
- Photocopied materials
- Study guides
Materials obtained through Interlibrary Loan or which you have personally checked out from other Libraries may not be placed on reserve.
When to place materials on reserve?
- If you give an assignment where students must choose an essay or chapter from a particular book or set of books.
- If you require students to prepare a paper or presentation on the same topic, and Hurst Library has a limited number of books on that particular topic.
What about photocopied materials?
In order to comply with copyright law (section 107 and 108 of PL95-553), permission from the publisher must be obtained for the following reserve materials:
- Use of photocopied material for more than one semester.
- Photocopying an author’s entire work.
- Copying more than one article of a copyrighted collection or periodical issue.
What about copyright?
- The Reserve Policy page has full information on copyright compliance.
- According to copyright guidelines it is acceptable to place a copy of an article on reserve for one semester. Copyright permission must be obtained to keep items on reserve more than one semester. Provide the Library with the copyright permission verification before the materials are put on reserve for a second time.
- By submitting this form you certify that the above listed materials to be placed on reserve are not copyrighted or comply with federal copyright laws for Library reserve use or permission has been granted.
How do I place materials on reserve?
In addition to submitting the above form, you will also need to provide a list of materials from the Library that you want to be placed on reserve, or bring your personal materials to us. Submitting the form indicates that you know about and are complying with copyright law.
How long will it take?
Please allow 48 hours for processing your request. All items will be entered into our online catalog and can be searched for by instructor, course code, author, and title. We will e-mail you when the materials you requested are ready to be checked out.
If you have questions, please contact:
Dorothy Mulkey, Circulation Manager