EasyBib Premium is free for NU students. EasyBib is an automatic bibliography composer. When you have sources you need to cite properly for your research paper, EasyBib will help you format your sources quickly and accurately. Millions of students a month use EasyBib to cite sources for their papers.
Ebsco databases do not have a direct export to EasyBib. Please follow this guide to export citations from Ebsco to EasyBib.
To cite items found through the library website, see the instructions below:
1. Find the item you want to cite
Find the item you want to cite, then navigate to the detailed record screen for the item and click the Cite/Export link.
Note that library databases vary somewhat in the placement of the Cite/Export link.
2. Copy or Export Your Citation
From the Cite/Export screen you have two options:
- Select the citation style, then copy and paste the citation directly into a Word document
- Export the citation to EasyBib. EasyBib is a powerful citation editing and organization tool.
3. Review Citations for Accuracy
- The Writing Center @ NU provides free one-on-one tutoring.
- APA, MLA and Turabian quick guides offer concise overviews of the major citation styles.
- EndNote is the most popular citation management program you can install on your PC. Cost is approximately $120 for the student edition.
- Zotero is a free extension for the Firefox web browser.