These are the sources where you will most likely find information on your biblical character.
- The Complete Who’s Who in the Bible – An exhaustive ready reference of every person named in the Bible. Entries range from one-line biblical references for minor characters to full-length articles that address the theological significance of over forty major figures. Available in print (BS 570 .C645 1995 — General Collection)
- Oxford Guide to People & Places of the Bible – Provides more than 300 articles that cover everyone from Adam and Eve to Jesus Christ and everywhere from the Garden of Eden to Golgotha and Gethsemane. Available in print (BS 570 .O94 2001 — Reference Collection)
- Who’s Who in the Bible – An A-to-Z biographical biblical reference furnishes in-depth portraits of some five hundred important biblical personalities, as well as concise identifications of nearly four thousand individuals from the Old and New Testaments and the Apocrypha. Available in print (BS 570 .R43 1994 — General Collection)
These sources will have information on major biblical characters but are less likely to be helpful with lesser known people.
- Anchor Bible Dictionary – Available in print (BS 440 .A54 1992 – Reference Collection)
- International Standard Bible Encyclopedia – Contains articles on every person and place mentioned in the Bible. Available in print (BS 440 .I6 1979 – Reference and General Collections)
- The New Interpreter’s Dictionary of the Bible – Contains 8400 entries including persons, places, things, and theological concepts. Available in print (BS 440 .N443 2006 – Reference Collection)
- Zondervan Encyclopedia of the Bible – Includes more than 5,000 pages of information on Bible lands and people, with hundreds of full-color and black-and-white illustrations, charts, and graphs. Available in print (BS 440 .Z63 2009 — Reference Collection)