- Standard Circulation: 6 weeks (90 days for employees)
- Textbooks: 7 days
- Videos, Video Games, and Board Games: 7 days
- Media Equipment and Cameras: 3 days (available to NU students and employees only)
- Reserves: 2 hours or 3 days, as marked
- Reference: 24 hours
- Cameras and Reference do not renew.
- There is a 2 renewal limit for all other items.
- Items are renewed automatically if no one else needs them.
- Items with a hold or recall cannot be renewed.
Overdue notices are sent to the email address the library has on file. You are responsible for updating your contact information with the library. Please note that whether you receive an overdue notice or not, you are still responsible for returning on time all materials that have been checked out on your library card. Failure to return items on time may result in the loss or suspension of borrowing privileges. Items more than 30 days past due are considered lost and will be billed to your account.
- Employees and students are limited to 50 items on loan at one time.
- NU students at the Kirkland Campus are also eligible for borrowing privileges at King County Library System with a current NU ID card and another form of ID showing date of birth.
- The NU Library reserves the right to limit, suspend, or revoke the borrowing privileges and library services of any patron who abuses or misuses library privileges.
- You can return by mail to: Northwest University Library, PO BOX 579, Kirkland, WA 98083-0579