- Standard Circulation: 6 weeks (90 days for employees)
- Video: 7 days
- Reserves: 2 hours or 3 days, as marked
- Reference: 24 hours
- Textbooks: 24 hours
- There is a 2 renewal limit for all items.
- Items are renewed automatically if no one else needs them.
- Items with a hold or recall cannot be renewed.
- Standard Circulation and Videos: $5 per item for Standard Circulation and Video items more than 10 days past due.
- Textbooks, Camera Equipment, Reserves, and Reference: $5 per item, per day to a maximum of $50 per item.
- Long Overdue: Items more than 30 days past due will be considered lost and a charge of $30 or the actual replacement cost of the item will be assessed
Fines will be billed to your NU account. Overdue notices are sent to the email address the library has on file. You are responsible for updating your contact information with the library. Please note that whether you receive an overdue notice or not, you are still responsible for returning on time all materials that have been checked out on your library card.
Fine/fee appeals must be made in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- There is no limit to the total number of items that may be on loan at any one time for employees and students.
- NU students at the Kirkland Campus are also eligible for borrowing privileges at King County Library System with a current NU ID card and another form of ID showing date of birth.
- The NU Library reserves the right to limit, suspend, or revoke the borrowing privileges and library services of any patron who abuses or misuses library privileges.
- You can return by mail to: Northwest University Library, PO BOX 579, Kirkland, WA 98083-0579
Affiliate Borrowers (Alumni, Community Borrowers, Pastors and Missionaries)
- A maximum of 10 items may be on loan at any one time.
- Fines must be paid by cash or check at the library.
- You will not be able to check out books if your fines total more than $10.