- Standard Circulation: 6 weeks (90 days for employees)
- Video, Video Games, and Board Games: 7 days
- Media Equipment: 3 days
- Reserves: 2 hours or 3 days, as marked
- Reference: 24 hours
- Textbooks: 24 hours
- Cameras: 1 day (available to NU students and employees only)
- Cameras and Reference items do not renew.
- There is a 2 renewal limit for all other items.
- Items are renewed automatically if no one else needs them.
- Items with a hold or recall cannot be renewed.
- Collection with 7 day or Standard Circulation: $5 per item for items more than 3 days past due.
- Textbooks, Camera Equipment, Reserves, and Reference: $5 per item for items more than 1 day past due.
- Cameras: $5 per item, per day to a maximum of $25 per item.
- Replacement costs will be charged for all items more than 3 days past due. The minimum replacement fee is $30 but may be increased to reflect actual item cost.
- Refunds: Items returned within 30 days of the due date will have replacement cost refunded. All other fines are non-refundable.
- At 30 days past due, charges will billed to your NU account, and replacement costs will no longer be refundable.
Overdue notices are sent to the email address the library has on file. You are responsible for updating your contact information with the library. Please note that whether you receive an overdue notice or not, you are still responsible for returning on time all materials that have been checked out on your library card.
Fine/fee appeals must be made in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- There is no limit to the total number of items that may be on loan at any one time for employees and students.
- NU students at the Kirkland Campus are also eligible for borrowing privileges at King County Library System with a current NU ID card and another form of ID showing date of birth.
- The NU Library reserves the right to limit, suspend, or revoke the borrowing privileges and library services of any patron who abuses or misuses library privileges.
- You can return by mail to: Northwest University Library, PO BOX 579, Kirkland, WA 98083-0579
Affiliate Borrowers (Alumni, Community Borrowers, Pastors and Missionaries)
- A maximum of 10 items may be on loan at any one time.
- Fines must be paid by cash or check at the library.
- You will not be able to check out books if your fines total more than $10.