Article Search finds scholarly journal articles in Intercultural Studies and other subjects
- ATLA Religion with ATLASerials – Covers Biblical studies, world religions, church history, and religious perspectives on social issues. Includes more than 814,000 citations from articles, essays, and book reviews, with a growing number of multimedia citations. Full text is provided for more than 266,000 electronic articles and book reviews, from more than 130 journals.
- Religion and Philosophy Collection – Provides extensive coverage of such topics as world religions, major denominations, biblical studies, religious history, epistemology, political philosophy, philosophy of language, moral philosophy and the history of philosophy.
- Biographical Dictionary of Christian Missions. Available in print (BV 3700 .B56 1998)
- Dictionary of Mission Theology. Available in print (BV 2040 .D54 2007)
- Encyclopedia of Mission and Missionaries. Available in print (BV 2040 .E48 2007 )
- Ethnic Groups of Europe – Available online.
- Evangelical Dictionary of World Missions – Contains more than 1,400 articles on the theory, practice, theology, and history of missions from an evangelical perspective. Available in print (BV 2040 .E92 2000)
- Countries and Their Cultures – Provides information on over 200 countries. Surveys each country’s shared values, behaviors and cultural variations from foods and rituals to pastimes and arts. Available online.
Books and Ebooks
Use the search box on the library homepage or try some of these subjects to find library materials for your topic.
- Contextual theology
- Ethnology–Religious aspects–Christianity
- Intercultural communication–Religious aspects–Christianity
- Missionaries–India–Biography (Change the name of the country for different results)
- Missionaries, Medical–Nepal–Biography (Change the name of the country for different results)
- Missions–Anthropological aspects
- Missions–Biblical teaching
- Missions–China (Change the name of the country for different results)
- Pentecostal churches–Missions (Change the name of the denomination for different results)
- Biographical Dictionary of Chinese Christianity – Includes “essential biographical facts of Chinese and foreign Christian missionaries, church leaders, evangelists, and laity chiefly responsible for laying the foundations and advancing the growth of Chinese Christian communities and their influence in societies around the world.”–From website
- Dictionary of African Christian Biography – Includes “the essential biographical facts of African Christian leaders, evangelists, and lay workers chiefly responsible for laying the foundations and advancing the growth of Christian communities in Africa.”–From website
- Historical Legacies of Christianity in East Asia – The Ricci Institute for Chinese-Western Cultural History, under a grant from the Henry Luce Foundation seeks to further scholarly research on Christianity in East Asia focusing on independent historical narratives of Chinese, Japanese, and Korean Christian communities and explorations of the historical connections in the global history that bind Chines Christian culture to Japan and Korea.
- International Mission Photography Archive – “Offers historical images from Protestant and Catholic missionary collections in Britain, Norway, Germany, France, Switzerland, and the United States. The photographs, which range in time from the middle of the nineteenth to the middle of the twentieth century, offer a visual record of missionary activities and experiences in Africa, China, Madagascar, India, Papua-New Guinea, and the Caribbean.”–From website