Article Search finds magazines, journals, and newspapers in Political Science and other subjects
- NU Reference (Gale Virtual Reference Library) – Collection of over 3000 online encyclopedias and specialized reference sources for multidisciplinary research.
- CQ Researcher – Original, comprehensive reporting and analysis on issues in the news. Controversial topics are addressed in a balanced, unbiased manner.
- Research Library Complete – Covers all subject areas — find journal, magazine, and newspaper articles, dissertations and theses, and more.
- Academic Search Premier – One of the best sources for journal, magazine, and newspaper articles on all academic subjects.
- JSTOR – Articles from core journals in many academic disciplines.
- LexisNexis Academic – Full-text news, legal, and business sources.
- Congress.gov (formerly Thomas) – Current and historical legislative information compiled by the Library of Congress. Extensive guides to legal research.
- Government Publications Online – U.S. Government publications from the Government Printing Office (GPO)
- Pew Research Center – Pew Research Center is a nonpartisan fact tank that informs the public about the issues, attitudes and trends shaping America and the world. Research projects include U.S. politics; media and news; internet and technology; and religion.
- PolitiFact – PolitiFact, a division of the Tampa Bay Times, is an independent fact-checking journalism website. PolitiFact’s reporters and editors fact-check statements from the White House, Congress, candidates, advocacy groups and more. Every fact-check includes analysis of the claim, an explanation of PolitiFact’s reasoning and a list of links to all sources.
- FactCheck – A nonpartisan, nonprofit “consumer advocate” for voters that aims to reduce the level of deception and confusion in U.S. politics. FactCheck monitors the factual accuracy of what is said by major U.S. political players in the form of TV ads, debates, speeches, interviews and news releases. FactCheck.org is a project of the Annenberg Public Policy Center of the University of Pennsylvania.