Religion Articles Search includes ATLA Religion and the Religion and Philosophy Collection
- ATLA Religion with ATLASerials – Covers Biblical studies, world religions, church history, and religious perspectives on social issues. Includes more than 814,000 citations from articles, essays, and book reviews, with a growing number of multimedia citations. Full text is provided for more than 266,000 electronic articles and book reviews, from more than 130 journals.
- Religion and Philosophy Collection – Provides extensive coverage of such topics as world religions, major denominations, biblical studies, religious history, epistemology, political philosophy, philosophy of language, moral philosophy and the history of philosophy.
Dissertations and Theses
ProQuest Dissertations and Theses – the world’s most comprehensive collection of dissertations and theses from around the world, spanning from 1743 to the present day and offering full text for graduate works added since 1997, along with selected full text for works written prior to 1997. It contains a significant amount of new international dissertations and theses both in citations and in full text.
- Gale Virtual Reference Library Religion Collection – A collection of easily searchable electronic reference books on religious topics. Try searching the whole collection or an individual encyclopedia.
- Atlas of the World’s Religions – A comprehensive visual guide to the world’s religious traditions, charting the origin, growth, and spread of all major faiths. Available in print (BL 82 .A7 2007)
- Encyclopedia of Women and Religion in North America – Offers a comprehensive description and analysis of women and religion in North America, focusing on institutions, movements, and ideas. Available in print (BL 458 .E52 2006)
- Religion and American Cultures – Looks at religious diversity in the United States from mainstream faiths to Wicca and Zen, discussing faith, religious practices, traditions, and history of religions. Explores the interactions between religion and ethnicity, gender, regionalism, and popular culture. Available in print (BL 2525 .R448 2003)
- Adherents.com – Adherents.com is a collection of membership/adherent statistics and congregation statistics for over 4,200 religions, churches, denominations, religious bodies, faith groups, tribes, cultures, movements, ultimate concerns, etc.
- American Religion Data Archive – Includes statistics on topics such as congregational membership and denominational beliefs.
- Pew Forum on Religion & Public Life – Includes surveys, demographic studies and other social science research to examine a wide range of issues concerning religion and society in the United States and around the world. The project also covers a range of issues that often have a religious component – from abortion and gay marriage to stem cell research and church-state controversies. –From website
- US Commission on International Religious Freedom – Includes reports and factsheets on religious freedom in countries all over the world.