Science Articles Search uses Google Scholar to find journal articles in the sciences
- AGRICOLA – Agriculture. Journal articles, monographs, theses, patents, software, audiovisual materials, and technical reports related to agriculture. Created by the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s National Agricultural Library.
- GreenFILE – Ecology. Covers global warming, green building, pollution, sustainable agriculture, renewable energy, recycling, and more.
- HighWire – General Science. Note that some of the articles are not free (they will have a price clearly marked). You may request those articles at no charge through the library’s Interlibrary Loan service.
- PubMed – Biomedical and life sciences journal literature.
- Science – General Science. From the American Association for the Advancement of Science
Books and Ebooks
Use the search box on the library homepage to search for books. You can also browse the library collection by call number:
- QA – Mathematics
- QB – Astronomy
- QC – Physics
- QD – Chemistry
- QE – Geology
- QH – Natural History – Biology
- QK – Botany
- QL – Zoology
- QM – Human Anatomy
- QP – Physiology
- QR – Microbiology
- U.S. Department of Energy Office of Science – The U.S. Department of Energy Office of Science is the lead federal agency supporting fundamental scientific research for energy and the Nation’s largest supporter of basic research in the physical sciences.
- National Science Foundation – The National Science Foundation (NSF) is an independent federal agency created “to promote the progress of science; to advance the national health, prosperity, and welfare; to secure the national defense…” With an annual budget of about $6.9 billion (FY 2010), it is the funding source for approximately 20 percent of all federally supported basic research conducted by America’s colleges and universities.