- Acquire images for the games you will be updating:
- Find a good quality, large thumbnail in jpeg format. Amazon is a good source. Display height for images is 300px, so smaller images will be fuzzy. Much larger images will cause slow load times. Make sure to get the image the corresponds to the correct gaming platform.
- Right-click the image and choose “Save as”
- Name the image with a simple one-word, lower case name that you will remember.
- Upload images to WordPress:
- Click on “Media” in the left side-bar of the Admin window.
- Click the “Add New” button at the top (next to the Media Library title).
- “Select Files” button and choose the images you just saved.
- Open the following tabs:
- The Games page in Edit mode.
- The Games page in regular mode (so you can check your progress).
- Koha catalog (koha.northwestu.edu).
- On the Edit page, in the location you want to add the image, add a new block of type “Custom HTML” (click the + symbol to add new block)
- Copy and paste the code at the bottom of this page into the new block.
- Change the all-caps sections, adding the required information.
- BIB_NUMBER_FROM_KOHA Find the game in Koha and go to the detail record. Look at the URL. The bib number comes after the biblionumber=
- IMAGE NAME is the name you gave the image when you uploaded it. You will also need to change the year and 2-digit month in the url just before the image name.
- GAME_TITLE duh.
- YOUTUBE_SHORT_CODE is the alphanumeric string that comes after the v= in the video url.
- Click the “Update” button on the Edit page and then refresh the regular view of the page to check your work.
<img src="/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/IMAGE_NAME" alt="GAME_TITLE">
<br>Availability</a> | <a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOUTUBE_SHORT_CODE">Trailer</a>