Bible Article Search includes ATLA Religion and the Religion and Philosophy Collection
- ATLA Religion – Covers Biblical studies, world religions, church history, and religious perspectives on social issues. Includes more than 1 million citations from articles, essays, and book reviews, with a growing number of multimedia citations. Full text is provided for more than 400,000 electronic articles and book reviews, from more than 230 journals.
- Religion and Philosophy Collection – Provides extensive coverage of such topics as world religions, major denominations, biblical studies, religious history, epistemology, political philosophy, philosophy of language, moral philosophy and the history of philosophy.
Books and EBooks
- Use the main search on the library homepage to access most of the library’s collection.
- Oxford Biblical Studies Online – Provides access to six Oxford editions of the Bible along with commentary, annotations from study Bibles, and reference material that can be viewed alongside primary text.
To look for a specific version of the Bible in print, try searching the shelf for these call numbers:
- English Standard Version (ESV): BS 195 .E64
- King James (Authorized): BS 185
- Living Bible: BS 195 .L58
- Message: BS 195 .M47
- New American Standard: BS 195 .N35
- New International (NIV): BS 195 .N373
- New King James: BS 195 .N38
- New Revised Standard: BS 191.5
Dissertations and Theses
ProQuest Dissertations and Theses – the world’s most comprehensive collection of dissertations and theses from around the world, spanning from 1743 to the present day and offering full text for graduate works added since 1997, along with selected full text for works written prior to 1997. It contains a significant amount of new international dissertations and theses both in citations and in full text.
- Bible Gateway – Searchable database of several English language translations of the Bible, along with some selected non-English translations.
- Bible Geocoding – Maps locations in the Bible using Google Earth.
- Christian Classics Ethereal Library (Commentaries) – Includes a selection of English and non-English translations of the Bible, along with several commentaries in the public domain.
- Codex Sinaiticus – The Codex Sinaiticus Project is an international collaboration to reunite the entire manuscript in digital form and make it accessible to a global audience.
- Digital Dead Sea Scrolls – High-resolution exhibition of selected Dead Sea Scrolls, hosted by the Israel Museum. Some of the scrolls are searchable by column, chapter, and verse, and are accompanied by an English translation tool.
- Greek New Testament Audio Recordings
- Greek-English Lexicon (Liddell, Scott, Jones)
- Harmony of the Gospels (Blue Letter Bible) – Lists important events from the Gospels and places them in a parallel table, showing which Gospels contain an account of the event and the passages in which it can be found.
- Hebrew Bible – MP3 recordings
- Polonsky Foundation Digitization Project – A collaboration between the Bodeleian and Vatican Libraries, focusing on Hebrew and Greek manuscripts along with 15th-century printed books. Manuscripts include sections from the Gutenberg Bible, a ninth-century Greek Septuagint, and other early biblical texts.