Education Article Search includes Education Research Complete and ERIC
- Education Research Complete – Articles, conference papers, and more covering all levels of education and all educational specialties, such as multilingual education, health education, and testing; covers curriculum instruction as well as administration, policy, funding, and related social issues.
- ERIC – The Education Resource Information Center (ERIC) provides access to educational literature and resources. This database provides access to information from journals included in the Current Index of Journals in Education and Resources in Education Index. Contains more than a million records and links to hundreds of thousands of full-text documents from ERIC back to 1966. See our ERIC Tutorial for help using this database.
- Teacher Trainer Journal – 2018 – present. “A practical journal for those who train, mentor and educate TESOL teachers”
Databases for K-8 School Libraries
- Kids Search – Information resources for students in grades K through 8. Kids Search provides students with an easy-to-use, graphically-appealing interface they can use to search their EBSCO databases. This database is often used in school libraries.
- Searchasaurus – Search interface for elementary school students that provides access to information from magazines and books on many topics. This database is often used in school libraries.
Dissertations and Theses
ProQuest Dissertations and Theses – the world’s most comprehensive collection of dissertations and theses from around the world, spanning from 1743 to the present day and offering full text for graduate works added since 1997, along with selected full text for works written prior to 1997. It contains a significant amount of new international dissertations and theses both in citations and in full text.
- Ernestine Rice Memorial Children’s Library – A wide variety of young readers’ books as well as Teacher’s Educational and Professional booklets. Available at the School of Education.
- Tests, Measurement Tools & Research Instruments – Provides information on how to find information about research instruments such as surveys: Finding the Full Text of an Instrument; Finding an Instrument to Measure a Variable; and Finding a Review of an Instrument.
Web Sites — Curriculum & Lesson Plans
- Discovery Education
- Education World: The Educator’s Best Friend
- Houghton Mifflin Education Place
- Kathy Schrock’s Guide to Everything
- MIT OpenCourseWare: Highlights for High School
- New York Times Learning Network: Connections for Students, Teachers, and Parents
- PBS Teachers
- Smithsonian Education
- Teacher Link
Web Sites — Government
- ERIC: Education Resources Information Center
- Education at USA.gov
- Library of Congress: Teacher Resources
- U. S. Department of Education
- U.S. Department of Education: Emergency Planning
- U.S. Department of Education: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES)
Web Sites — Literature
- Children’s Picture Book Database at Miami University
- Cooperative Children’s Book Center (CCBC)
- Cooperative Children’s Book Center (CCBC): Review Journals
- Hurst Library – Caldecott Award Book List
- Hurst Library – Coretta Scott King Award Book List
- Hurst Library – Newbery Award Book List
- Hurst Library – Pura Belpre Award Books
- International Children’s Digital Library
- Library of Congress: Read.gov
Web Sites — Organizations and Associations
- Education Northwest
- International Reading Association
- National Education Association
- TESOL International Association
Web Sites — Other Resources
Web Sites — Reference Sources
Web Sites — Subject Areas
- English — Web English Teacher
- ESL – Center for Applied Linguistics
- ESL — Dave’s ESL Cafe
- ESL — Internet TESL Journal
- ESL — Resources, Handouts and Exercises, Online Writing Lab (OWL)
- ESL — Teaching English as a Second Language Electronic Journal
- ESL Directory
- Music — American Orff-Schulwerk Association
- Music — K-12 Resources for Music Educators