- Library Search – the library search box at the top of the page is the most comprehensive search available, covering all library books, ebooks and most journal articles.
- Education Research Complete – [indexed in Library Search]. General education article database.
- ERIC – [indexed in Library Search]. General education article database.
- ProQuest Dissertations and Theses – dissertations and theses from around the world.
- Tests, Measurement Tools & Research Instruments – Provides information on how to find information about research instruments such as surveys: Finding the Full Text of an Instrument; Finding an Instrument to Measure a Variable; and Finding a Review of an Instrument.
- Writing Center – Free writing help from trained peer tutors enrolled at the Kirkland campus. Located on the main floor of the Hurst Library building.
- Children’s and Young Adult Collections – located in the Kirkland campus library on the top floor of the library near the main stairwell.
- Ernestine Rice Memorial Children’s Library – A wide variety of young readers’ books as well as Teacher’s Educational and Professional booklets. Available at the School of Education.
- Theses completed at NU – MIT and M. Ed. Programs.
- Teacher Trainer Journal – 2018 – present. “A practical journal for those who train, mentor and educate TESOL teachers”
Web Sites — Curriculum & Lesson Plans
- Discovery Education
- Education World: The Educator’s Best Friend
- Houghton Mifflin Education Place
- Kathy Schrock’s Guide to Everything
- MIT OpenCourseWare: Highlights for High School
- New York Times Learning Network: Connections for Students, Teachers, and Parents
- PBS Teachers
- Smithsonian Education
- Teacher Link
Web Sites — Government
- ERIC: Education Resources Information Center
- Education at USA.gov
- Library of Congress: Teacher Resources
- U. S. Department of Education
- U.S. Department of Education: Emergency Planning
- U.S. Department of Education: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES)
Web Sites — Literature
- Children’s Picture Book Database at Miami University
- Cooperative Children’s Book Center (CCBC)
- Cooperative Children’s Book Center (CCBC): Review Journals
- Hurst Library – Caldecott Award Book List
- Hurst Library – Coretta Scott King Award Book List
- Hurst Library – Newbery Award Book List
- Hurst Library – Printz Award Book List
- Hurst Library – Pura Belpre Award Books
- Hurst Library – Sibert Award Book List
- International Children’s Digital Library
- Library of Congress: Read.gov
Web Sites — Organizations and Associations
- Education Northwest
- International Reading Association
- National Education Association
- TESOL International Association
Web Sites — Other Resources
Web Sites — Reference Sources
Web Sites — Subject Areas
- Center for Applied Linguistics
- English — Web English Teacher
- ESL – Center for Applied Linguistics
- ESL — Dave’s ESL Cafe
- ESL — Internet TESL Journal
- ESL — Resources, Handouts and Exercises, Online Writing Lab (OWL)
- ESL — Teaching English as a Second Language Electronic Journal
- ESL Directory
- Music — American Orff-Schulwerk Association
- Music — K-12 Resources for Music Educators