Psychology Article Search includes, APA PsycINFO, APA PsycARTICLES, and the Psychology and Behavioral Sciences Collection
- APA PsycINFO – The premier database for psychology research.
- Google Scholar – Search for scholarly articles using Google’s search technology. To include NU Library results when searching from off-campus you will need to either use the link above or follow these directions.
- APA PsycARTICLES – The complete text of all journals from the APA. Content is fully indexed in PsycINFO.
- Psychology and Behavioral Sciences Collection – This database provides particularly strong coverage in child & adolescent psychology and various areas of counseling.
Books and eBooks
- Use the search box on the library homepage to search for books, ebooks and other materials held by the NU Library and libraries worldwide.
Dissertations and Theses
ProQuest Dissertations and Theses – the world’s most comprehensive collection of dissertations and theses from around the world, spanning from 1743 to the present day and offering full text for graduate works added since 1997, along with selected full text for works written prior to 1997. It contains a significant amount of new international dissertations and theses both in citations and in full text.
- Alexander Street Psychology Videos – These collections provide a thorough grounding in dozens of therapeutic methods and diagnoses, insight into the human condition, and training in skills such as reflection and empathy while working with specific populations such as veterans and teens. Search also includes video content in other subject areas.
- Psychotherapy.net – A collection of 50 hand-picked videos on various therapy techniques.
Tests and Measures
- Mental Measurements Yearbook with Tests in Print – A comprehensive guide to over 3,000 contemporary testing instruments and a comprehensive bibliography to all known commercially available tests that are currently in print in the English language. Provides vital information to users including test purpose, test publisher, in-print status, price, test acronym, intended test population, administration times, publication dates, and test authors.
- MMY-TIP Tutorial for help using this database.
- Tests and Measures Research Guide – Guide on how to find information about research instruments such as surveys: Finding the Full Text of an Instrument; Finding an Instrument to Measure a Variable; and Finding a Review of an Instrument.