Due to decreased demand for print reference materials, additions to the Reference collection are limited to new editions of works already in the collection and specific recommendations of the faculty. Future acquisitions of reference materials should be in electronic format where possible.
The Reference Collection consists of items which are both:
- in one of the traditional categories of reference works, such as dictionaries, handbooks, commentaries, encyclopedias, etc.
- in high demand.
Low use reference works and superseded editions are placed in the General Collection.
Items can be checked out for 24 hours.
Commonly used volumes of the following commentary sets are located in the Reference Collection:
- Anchor Bible Commentary
- Ancient Christian Commentary on Scripture
- Expositor’s Bible Commentary
- International Critical Commentary
- IVP Old/New Testament Commentary Series
- New International Commentary on the Old/New Testament
- New International Greek Testament Commentary
- NIV Application Commentary
- Reformation Commentary on Scripture
- Tyndale Old/New Testament Commentaries
- Word Biblical Commentary