The library is currently closed to visitors: entry to the build requires a current NU ID/keycard.
Alumni and community borrowers can still obtain print books from the library by using the following procedure:
- Place a book on hold using the library catalog
- You will receive an email when the item is available for pickup
- Email the library an estimated time you will come by to pick up the books.
- Pick up item at the Staff Entrance in the back parking lot of the library by the loading dock. Ring the doorbell.
- Print books may be used on site. Borrowing privileges are available.
- Ebooks are restricted to current students, faculty and staff of NU.
- Article databases may be used on-campus either from a campus computer or via WiFi.
- Interlibrary Loan services are restricted to current students, faculty and staff of NU. Many public libraries provide Interlibrary Loan services for their patrons.
Computers and Wireless
- Visitors can use library computers. A guest login is available at the front desk.
- Visitors can use the wireless network. Login and password can be obtained from the self-service kiosks near the entrance.
- Library patrons accessing the University network must abide by the policies set forth in the Network and Computer Resource “Acceptable Use” Policy located in the Student Handbook.
After Hours Access
The 24 hour computer lab is not available to visitors during hours when the library is closed. A current NU ID card is required for entry. Security guards will ask for ID during these hours.
Library staff can create visitor parking passes. Do not park in the staff parking lot North of the library.
Printing and Copying
Guests must pay for printing in cash at the front desk before they leave. To use the copy machine, request a guest login at the front desk.
- Black and white, single sided = 5 cents
- Black and white, double sided = 10 cents
- Color, single sided = 10 cents
- Color, double sided = 20 cents
- Scan to email = free
Visitors can use study rooms when they are not reserved or in use by NU community members. Visitors cannot reserve study rooms.
Disruptive behaviors are not allowed in the library.