The NU Library is a private university library, not a public library, and exists primarily for the benefit of NU students and employees. Visitors may use the library for private study in a non-disruptive manner.
Wireless and Computer Access
- Visitors can use the wireless network. Login and password can be obtained from the self-service kiosks located on the wall to the right after you enter the building.
- Visitors can use library computers. Ask for a guest login at the front desk. Library patrons accessing the University network must abide by the policies set forth in the Network and Computer Resource “Acceptable Use” Policy located in the Student Handbook. Guest printing is limited to 10 pages per week. Please use the public library or Kinkos if you need larger volumes of printing.
Using Library Materials
- Print books may be used on site. Borrowing privileges are available for some groups.
- Ebooks are restricted to current students and employees.
- Article databases may be used on-campus either from a campus computer or via WiFi.
- Interlibrary Loan services are restricted to current students and employees of NU. Many public libraries provide Interlibrary Loan services for their patrons.
Address and Parking
- The library may not be used for meetings of any kind.
- Visitors may only use the library during posted hours. After hours access to the 24 hour computer lab is prohibited, security guards will require valid NU identification.
- Visitors can use study rooms when they are not reserved or in use by NU community members. Visitors cannot reserve study rooms.
- Disruptive behaviors are not allowed in the library.